Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Tiles #44 and #45

Good morning friends

I have something a little different to share today. While I've only being doing Zentangle about 6 months, I still feel like a 'purist'. I love doing my tiles, corner dots, border and string. With a black pen and graphite shading. I enjoy learning new tangles and having the tiles non-representational and viewable from any direction.

I haven't added colour to my tiles either, although I have sure enjoyed seeing what other's have been doing with colour.

I was lucky enough to attend the Mesa Rubber Stamp Show this month with a friend, and while at the Judi-Kins booth I had a revelation of sorts. I'm a rubber stamper at heart, and there in front of me were outline stamps that I could easily use as a 'string'. I was so excited I could hardly wait to get home to play.

While visiting with my friend, I added a bunch of tangles to one of my purchases - a flower stamp. When it was finished I wasn't that happy with the finished tile but looked at it as a learning piece. Then I thought I'd add some colour to see how I'd feel about the tile afterwards.


The colour was added using PanPastel chalks with a touch of coloured pencil. I think I like it enough to break free and add colour to my tiles. In time. Meanwhile, here is the second tile done with the flower stamp as the string. This time I was undistracted, enjoying the calming process of Zentangle and I like the tile much better!


Tangles used for Tile #44
Stamp - Judi-Kins
Aura-Leah
Leaflet
Beelight
Papyrus
Flux
Yuma
Crescent Moon
Scallops
Weave (partial)

Tangles for Tile #45
Stamp - Judi-Kins
Shattuck
Pokeroot
C-Stem
Abundies
Maelstrom
Matt
Sparkle


Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment